- Trip Code: BOE
- Duration: 1 Day
- Trip Level: Easy
- Max Altitude: 3,962m / 13,000 ft
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Best Season: March to May & September to December
- Pick up from your hotel
- Flight to Lukla
- Helicopter to Kongda
- Champagne breakfast
- Helicopter to Lukla
- Flight back to Kathmandu
- Drop off to your hotel
Included In Package
- Airport pick-ups & drops by tourist vehicle.
- A government licensed English speaking Guide (depending on the group size, sometimes even the pilot assists as a guide)
- All permits and entrance fees.
- Flight fare to and from Lukla including airport taxes.
- Helicopter shuttle from Lukla to Kongde and back to Lukla.
- Champagne Breakfast at Kongde.
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense.
Not Included In Package
- All Items of Personal Interest.
- Any items not mentioned in include items.
Can you imagine having breakfast on the hight mountain in the world? Granted, you won’t actually be on the summit – that would be outrageous! You will, however be dining at 4250 m / 14,000 ft.
What to Expect
As if the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla isn’t exciting enough, you then have an exhilarating helicopter ride up to Kongde (4250 m / 14,000 ft.) From here you are the center of attention with Lhotse, Makalu, Cho-Oyu, Ama Dablam and other mountains looking down on you – not to mention, you are on Everest eating breakfast!
A champagne breakfast will be served (full menu changes from trip to trip, season to season) while you drink in the views. oh, and you are on Everest eating breakfast!
You will be picked up from your hotel by an Ammonite Adventure representitive and taken to Kathmandu Airport (Tribhuvan International). From there you will board a flight to Lukla – 35 minutes.
Once in Lukla, you will board a waiting helicopter. You will then enjoy a 15 minute tour around Mt. Everest before landing at Kongde for the world class breakfast. You have about two hours for breakfast, exploration and reflection. You will notice the differculty in breathing given the high altitude. Champagne (or any alcahol) can increase the effects of high altitude, so try not to over indulge.
After breakfast you will enjoy another 15 minute tour in the helicopter before arriving back at Lukla. From Lukla you will board a plane back to Kathmandu. An Ammonite Adventure representitive will collect you and take you back to your hotel.