Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 11 Days
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek has strong reputation among seasoned trekkers. To consider oneself as an experienced trekker, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a must. It is second only to Everest Base Camp Trek as the world’s premier trekking experience.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek has a maximum altitude of 13,549 ft (4,130 m) and is set among the towering peaks of Annapurna I (26,545 ft / 8,091 m), Annapurna South (23684 ft / 7,219 m), Machapuchhre ( 22942 ft / 6,993 m) and Hiunchuli (21,131 ft / 6,441 m).
Annapurna Base Camp Trek can be done in all seasons although in the winter the Base Camp is often closed due to the excessive snow and the threat of avalanches. The best time to do the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is October and November.
Annapurna Base Camp Route
The route to Annapurna Base Camp is a beautiful thing. The trek starts from Pokhara, in the northwestern corner of the Pokhara Valley, central Nepal. Trekkers witness many things on the way to Base Camp such as rhododendron forests, cliffs, waterfalls, terraced rice paddies and suspension bridges, all of which makes this trip so amazing.
Like other trekking sites of Annapurna, Annapurna Base Camp is also protected by Annapurna Conservation Area . It covers 7,629 square kilometers area. Annapurna l has an altitude of 8,091m (26,545 ft) from sea level and is the world’s tenth highest mountain.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Level
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is considered Demanding. A good level of cardiovascular fitness and some trekking experience is strongly advised. In a scale of 1 to 10, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is rated 6.
Your safety and the safety of the support team safety of everyone on the trek is our highest concern and like all strenuous treks, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is treated as an expedition.
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Return bus tickets to Pokhara from Kathmandu.
- Private car from Birethanti to Pokhara
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.