Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a 20 day trek through some of the best trekking terrain you will ever encounter.
The Annapurna Circuit Trek introduces you to the best part of the Annapurna Region. Annapurna Circuit Trek takes you to Poon Hill, Jomsom, Muktinath, Thorang La Pass, and many other places, all of which make this trek an outstanding experience.
The Annapurna Circuit usually takes 20 days and introduces you to the best part of the Annapurna Region and can be quite challenging in places and is noted for making a number of crossings over rivers using suspension bridges – hazardous looking these bridges may be but safe they most certainly are.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »
Annapurna Circuit Trek Level
Annapurna Circuit Trek is considered Strenuous. A good level of cardiovascular fitness and some trekking experience is strongly advised.
In a scale of 1 to 10, the Annapurna Circuit Trek is rated 8. You will spend a number of nights sleeping at altitudes above 13,000ft (4000m) so you must be willing and able to rough it as most creature comforts are back in Kathmandu.
Your safety and the safety of the support team safety of everyone on the trek is our highest concern and like all strenuous treks, the Annapurna Circuit Trek is treated as an expedition.
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.