Jomsom Trek – 11 Days
Jomsom Trek is a popularshort trek at onl 11 days. Entering in this area makes your trip a spiritual one, the prayer flags, prayer wheels and scenic beauty compels you to seek relation between human and trekking.
The Jomsom Trek is a classical trekking of its own kind. The trail following Kali Gandaki Valley between Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himal mesmerizes trekkers forever. Green lush forest with heavily dotted red rhododendron and fresh air of mountains are sufficient to make you forget your tiredness.
Jomsom borders Tibet and due to this reason the area has influence of Tibetan Buddhism. Muktinath is the main attraction of the Jomsom Trek. It is a common holy shrine for both—Hindu and Buddhist. Muktinath is located at an altitude of 3,800m from sea level. It is believed that worship at Muktinath will take human being out from the cycle of sufferings—birth and death—forever.
The best months to do the Jomsom Trek are February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »
Jomsom Trek Level
The Jomsom Trek is considered Demanding. A good level of cardiovascular fitness and some trekking experience is strongly advised. In a scale of 1 to 10, the Everest Base Camp Trek is rated 6.
Your safety and the safety of the support team safety of everyone on the trek is our highest concern and like all strenuous treks, the Jomsom Trek is treated as an expedition.
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Return bus tickets to Pokhara from Kathmandu.
- Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Private car from Pokhara to Nayapul
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.