Everest Helicopter Trek
Ammonite Adventures Everest Helicopter Trek is an 5 day amazing, magical and inspiring experience. The Everest Helicopter Trek is a brilliant way to experience Mount Everest if you are short on time or not physically up to the more demanding treks.
The Everest Helicopter Trek is a luxury package in that all accommodation during the trek is of the highest standard available in Nepal.
This trek starts with an early morning plane flight from Tribhuvan International Airport where you will enjoy an incredible scenic 35 minute flight to Lukla (Tenzing-Hillary Airport). You could have breakfast before you leave your hotel in Kathmandu but, why not have it at altitude in Lukla!
Everest Helicopter Trek Level
Everest Helicopter Trek is considered Easy. A good level of cardiovascular fitness and some trekking experience is still advised. In a scale of 1 to 10, the Everest Helicopter Trek is rated 3.
Your safety and the safety of the support team safety of everyone on the trek is our highest concern and like all our treks, the Everest Helicopter Trek is treated as an expedition.
Everest Helicopter Trek Extras
The trek outlined is a 5 day experience designed to cater for those who are short on time or want to add this experience as part of a longer Nepal vacation.
With this in mind, Ammonite Adventures can tailor this package to suite your exact needs. If you require accommodation while in Kathmandu or would like to visit other areas and cities like Pokhara or Sauraha for example, we can help you plan and book the trip. It’s what we do.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Return flight to Lukla.
- Up to 1 hour helicopter tour
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
- BONUS: Up to 3 nights Luxury accommodation in Kathmandu if required.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.