Everest Three Passes Trek – 18 Day Trek
Everest Three Passes Trek is comparatively a tough Trek as you have to go through three passes:
- – Renjo La Pass
- – Cho La Pass and
- – Kongma La Pass
This trekking package is all about testing your mental and physical endurance. All of these passes are in Khumbu Valley. Ammonite Adventure suggests you have some experience prior to Everest Three passes Trek.
Renjo La Pass
Renjo La is located to the east of Lungden and west of Gokyo at an elevation of 5,360m (17,585ft). Due to unpredictable weather conditions passing Renjo La, it is a bit challenging. Besides mountains, the view of colorful Gokyo Valley from here is the main attraction.
Cho La Pass
Cho La is reached after crossing Ngozumpa glacier. It is at an elevation of 5,420m (17,782.). To the east, the trail of Cho La meets the Everest Base Camp route. Crampons are essential while crossing Cho La as the trail is slippery and tough.
Kongma La Pass
Among all three passes, Kongma La is situated at highest level from sea– 18,159 ft / 5,535 m. Normally, trekkers attempt Kongma La after returning from Base Camp.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »
Everest Three Passes Trek Level
Everest Three Passes Trek is considered Strenuous. A good level of cardiovascular fitness and some trekking experience is strongly advised.
In a scale of 1 to 10, the Everest Three Passes Trek is rated 8. You will spend a number of nights sleeping at altitudes above 13,000ft (4000m) so you must be willing and able to rough it as most creature comforts are back in Kathmandu.
Your safety and the safety of the support team safety of everyone on the trek is our highest concern and like all strenuous treks, the Everest Three Passes Trek is treated as an expedition.
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide.
- Domestic flight tickets (where necessary).
- Bus and/or Car travel (where necessary).
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- One porter for two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurances.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- National park permits.
- Service charge levied to tourists as per Nepal Government Law.
- All Government and local taxes.
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.