This Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek is offered by Ammonite Adventure. The details in this Jiri to EBC Trek page are for information gathering only to better help plan your trip. The information may change without notice due to weather conditions, political unrest or any number of other reasons.
- Trip Code: JIRI24
- Duration: 24 Days
- Trip Level: Strenuous
- Max Altitude: 5,416m / 17,769 ft
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Best Season: February to June & September to December
- 1st Day Arrival in Kathmandu
- 2nd Day Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pre-trip meeting
- 3rd Day Bus from Kathmandu to Drive to Jiri
- 4th Day Trek from Jiri to Bhandar
- 5th Day Bhandar – Sete
- 6th Day Sete – Junbensi
- 7th Day Junbensi – Nunthala
- 8th Day Nunthala – Kharikhola
- 9th Day Kharikhola – Puiyan
- 10th Day Puiyan – Phakding
- 11th Day Phakding – Namche Bazaar
- 12th Day Acclimatization Day
- 13th Day Namche Bazaar – Phorste Thanga
- 14th Day Phorste Thanga – Machherma
- 15th Day Machherma – Gokyo
- 16th Day Gokyo – Gokyo Ri
- 17th Day Gokyo Ri – Thangna
- 18th Day Thangna – Cho La Pass – Dzongla
- 19th Day Dzongla – Lobuche
- 20th Day Lobuche – Everest Base Camp – Gorak Shep
- 21st Day Gorak Shep – Kala Patthar – Periche
- 22nd Day Periche – Namche Bazaar
- 23rd Day Namche Bazaar – Lukla – Kathmandu
- 24th Day Leisure Day in Kathmandu / Departure
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- One porter per two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Transport to Jiri, Flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu.
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The Jiri to Everest Base Camp 24 Day Trek an alternate route to EBC. The maximum altitude is at 5,555m / 18,225ft when you reach Kala Patthar on the way back from Everest Base Camp. Interestingly, most believe that EBC is the obvious highest point of any Everest Base Camp Trek.
After an eight hour scenic drive from Kathmandu to Jiri, our trek starts the following morning, by passing through the lower parts of Everest region that are relatively undeveloped compared to the northern side of the district around Namche Bazaar.
This enables trekkers to experience many traditional aspects of culture and local people. The trail passes through numerous villages of different ethnic groups including Tamang, Jirel, Rai, Brahmin, Chettri and of course the Sherpa. Walking along this trek involves many ups and downs with the trail being well serviced with tea houses and good campsites in most of the villages.
Jiri to EBC Trek Level
The Jiri to EBC Trek is considered Strenuous and a good level of fitness and trekking experience is strongly advised.
The safety of the support team and yours on every trek is our highest concern. All treks, strenuous, Demanding and Easy are all treated and planned as an expedition.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »