This Langtang Valley Trek is offered by Ammonite Adventure. The Langtang Valley Trek details in this page are for information gathering only to better help plan your trip. The information may change without notice due to weather conditions, political unrest or any number of other reasons.
- Trip Code: LVT11
- Duration: 11 Days
- Trip Level: Demanding
- Max Altitude: 4,350m / 14,268 ft
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Best Season: January to June & September to December
- 1st Day Arrival in Kathmandu
- 2nd Day Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pre-trip meeting
- 3rd Day Bus to Syabru Besi
- 4th Day Trek Syabru Besi – Lama Hotel
- 5th Day Lama Hotel – Langtang Village
- 6th Day Langtang Village – Kyanjin Gompa
- 7th Day Exploration Day Kyanjin Gompa
- 8th Day Kyanjin Gompa – Lama Hotel
- 9th Day Lama Hotel – Syabru Bensi
- 10th Day Bus to Kathmandu
- 11th Day Leisure day in Kathmandu
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- One porter per two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Return bus tickets to Kathmandu from Syabrubesi.
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
Langtang Valley Trek is the easiest and shortest trek in the Langtang Region at just 6 days (the actual trek). Trekkers without any experience can complete this beautiful trail. The Langtang Valley Trek is best destination if you are seeking for family trip.
This trek is also known as ‘The Valley of Glaciers Trek’. The park inhabits several animals and among them Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar and Rhesus Monkey are easily visible. The park is also a home for Red Panda , now considered an endangered species.
Langtang Valley Trek Level
Langtang Valley Trek is the easiest trek in the Langtang Valley but it is still considered Demanding. A good level of cardiovascular fitness and some trekking experience is advised. In a scale of 1 to 10, the Langtang Valley Trek is rated 5.
Your safety and the safety of the support team safety of everyone on the trek is our highest concern and like all strenuous treks, the Langtang Valley Trek is still treated as an expedition.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »