The Manaslu Circuit Trek is offered by Ammonite Adventure. Details on this Manaslu Circuit Trek page are for information gathering only to better help plan your trip. The information may change without notice due to weather conditions, political unrest or any number of other reasons.
- Trip Code: MAN14
- Duration: 14 Days
- Trip Level: Strenuous
- Max Altitude: 5,215m / 17,105 ft
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Best Season: February to June & September to December
- 1st Day Bus to Soti Khola
- 2nd Day Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola
- 3rd Day Machha Khola – Jagat
- 4th Day Jagat – Deng
- 5th Day Deng – Namrung
- 6th Day Namrung – Samagaon
- 7th Day Exploration Day at Sama Gaon
- 8th Day Sama Gaon – Samdo
- 9th Day Acclimatization at Samdo
- 10th Day Samdo – Dharmasala
- 11th Day Dharmasala – Larkya La Pass – Bimthang
- 12th Day Bimthang – Tilije
- 13th Day Tilije – Tal
- 14th Day Bus from Tal to Kathmandu via Besi Sahar
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- One porter per two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Bus to Soti Khola from Kathmandu.
- Bus from Syange to Kathmandu.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Description
Manaslu Circuit Trek, right in the heart of the Manaslu Region, is surrounded by 8 of the tallest peaks in the world. Mount Manaslu is known as the mountain of spirits in Nepal. The Manaslu Circuit Trek is a trekkers paradise, especially if you enjoy trekking remote, secluded regions. Furthermore, Manaslu circuit trekking is also a restricted area trekking route in Nepal. For trekking in this restricted area you will need special permissions and a guide in compulsion.
The highest point of the Manaslu Circuit Trek is the Larkya La Pass which is widely believed to be one of the most dramatic pass crossing the Himalayas and reaches 5,125m / 16,814 ft.
Hence, you will have a great experience after you accomplish this restricted area trekking to the mountain of spirit in Nepal. Moreover, you can continue your trek to Annapurna region. Manaslu circuit trek will merge with Annapurna circuit trek at Dharapani. Hence, you will have a choice either to continue your trek to Annapurna region or return back to Kathmandu.
Manaslu trek difficulty
The Manaslu Circuit Trek is a Strenuous trek and a good level of fitness and trekking experience is strongly advised.
In a scale of 1 to 10, the Manaslu Circuit Trek is rated 8 and it is a restricted area trekking as well. You will spend a number of nights sleeping at altitudes above 13,000ft (4000m) so you must be willing and able to rough it as most creature comforts are back in Kathmandu.
The safety of the support team and yours on every trek is our highest concern. All treks, strenuous, Demanding and Easy are all treated and planned as an expedition.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »
Manaslu Circuit Trek Map
Manaslu trek Difficulty?
What is Manaslu circuit trek cost?
Manaslu circuit trek is a restricted area trek in Nepal. Hence, it will cost little more for getting permit and you need to have a guide in compulsion. it will cost you $1600 for Manaslu circuit trek.
What are the Highlights of Manaslu Circuit trek ?
The Higlights of Manaslu Circuit trek are:
- Restricted area trekking.
- Mount Manaslu (Mountain of spirit)
- Larkya La Pass (5,220 m)
- Explore Countryside.
- Get some insights about Tibetan Buddhist Culture.