The Ruby Valley Trek is offered by Ammonite Adventure. Details on this Ruby Valley Trek page are for information gathering only to better help plan your trip. The information may change without notice due to weather conditions, political unrest or any number of other reasons.
- Trip Code: RUBY19
- Duration: 19 Days
- Trip Level: Moderate
- Max Altitude: 4,220m / 13,845 ft
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Best Season: February to June & September to October
- 1st Day Arrival in Kathmandu
- 2nd Day Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pre-trip meeting
- 3rd Day Bus to Bhalche
- 4th Day Bhalche – Gonaga – Rupchet
- 5th Day Rupchet – Singla Pass – Pangsang Pass
- 6th Day Pang Sang Pass – Tipling – Chalish
- 7th Day Chalish – Hindung
- 8th Day Gomba Danda – Thulo Dhunga
- 9th Day Thulo Dhunga – Base Camp (Nojet Kharka)
- 10th Day Acclimatization
- 11th Day Nojet Kharka to Kharka
- 12th Day Kharka – Ganesh Kunda
- 13th Day Ganesh Kunda – Tatopani Hot Spring
- 14th Day Tatopani Hot Spring – Lapa Gaon
- 15th Day Lapa Gaon – Magne Goth Pass
- 16th Day Magne Goth – Tinsure
- 17th Day Tinsure – Ganga Jamuna – Budhathum
- 18th Day Bus to Kathamndu
- 19th Day Leisure Day in Kathmandu / Departure
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- One porter per two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Transport to Salleri, Nunthala and back to Kathmandu.
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
Ruby Valley Trek Description
The Ruby Valley trek begins after the 5 hrs drive to Bhalche. Grab this opportunity to experience the real thrill of trekking in the Himalayas in this most sought-after trek to Ruby valley with Ammonite Adventure.
One of the best trekking trails in the central Nepal, The Ruby Valley Trek continues to remain a well kept secret among avid trekkers. Located between Langtang National Park and Manaslu Conservation Area, Ganesh Himal region is blessed with geographical, cultural and biological diversity.
Although not as popular as Annapurna and Everest trekking, Ganesh Himal Ruby Valley trek is one of the best trekking trails in central Nepal as it passes through Lari pass (4750m), and High pass (3850m). This non-touristy trekking trail lies in the Manaslu trekking region, home to Ganesh Himal.
Ganesh Himaal is named after the Hindu elephant-headed God of Good Fortune. This trek gives one the opportunity to experience the authentic, untouched Tamang and Gurung settlements on higher altitude, gorgeous terraced farms and marvelous sceneries of Ganesh Himal and other mountains of Annapurna, Langtang and Manaslu region.
Lari top is another an excellent view of the massif Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung , Manaslu and Lamjung Himal. Besides the massive mountains, theres so much to see and explore like the sacred lakes; Ganesh Kunda, Parvati Kunda and Seto and Kale lakes and places of worships; Hindu temples, Buddhist monasteries.
One will also be surrounded by colorful rhododendron hillside forests, an excellent habitat for extensive varieties of rare plants and wildlife; 526 species of plants (including 40 species of orchids), and 300 species of birds.
An unspoiled Wonder
The Ganesh Himal Ruby Valley trek begins from Bhalche, a five hours drive from Kathmandu and ends at Ganesh Kunda, from where you make the journey back via Tatopani. This is a sixteen day trek and the best time to set on this trek is during March and April when the forest blooms with rhododendron.
Ruby Valley Trek hasnt been explored as much as other well-known trek. This trek has lacks tea houses, basic insfracture and other forms of lodging. Therefore, home stay is a common option for lodging on this trek.
Ruby Valley Trek Level
Ruby Valley Trek is considered Moderate and a reasonable reasonable of fitness and trekking experience is advised. In a scale of 1 to 10, the Ruby Valley Trek is rated 6.
The safety of the support team and yours on every trek is our highest concern. All treks, strenuous, Demanding and Easy are all treated and planned as an expedition.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »