This Sikles – Gurung Heritage Trek is offered by Ammonite Adventure. The details in this Sikles – Gurung Heritage Trek page are for information gathering only to better help plan your trip. The information may change without notice due to weather conditions, political unrest or any number of other reasons.
- Trip Code: SIK14
- Duration: 14 Days
- Trip Level: Moderate
- Max Altitude: 2,029m / 6,656 ft
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Best Season: February to June & September to December
- 1st Day Arrival in Kathmandu
- 2nd Day Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pre-trip meeting
- 3rd Day Bus from Kathmandu to Besisahar
- 4th Day Besisahar – Khudi
- 5th Day Khudi – Ghalegaon
- 6th Day Ghalegaon – Bhujung
- 7th Day Bhujung – Pasgeon
- 8th Day Pasgeon – Nagidhar
- 9th Day Nagidhar – Yanjakot (via Bhachowk)
- 10th Day Yanjakot – Tangting
- 11th Day Tangting – Sikles
- 12th Day Drive from Sikles to Pokhara
- 13th Day Bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- 14th Day Leisure Day in Kathmandu / Departure
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- One porter per two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Transport to Besisahar, Pokhara and back to Kathmandu.
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Nepal Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
Sikles Heritage Trek is a new trekking opportunity in the Pokhara Region.It is rated as moderate with a max. altitude of 2,029m / 6,657 ft. The trek starts from Pokhara heading due north towards the holy mountain Machapuchare. Our ridgeline route offers wonderful views of the Annapurna and Manasulu ranges. Climbing though oak, rhododendron and bamboo forest we follow ancient trails to the Madi Khola valley and stay in the villages of Sikles, TangTing and Bhujung.
The trail follows the high alpine summer grazing route the shepherds use to herd their flocks above the treeline. The views from the ridges of the endless blue foothills as they roll southwards are unsurpassed anywhere in the country. This new trek offers a truly captivating village experience where we get to see the real rural Nepal. We camp at unique sites, eat the local dishes and witness daily life unfold around us. We also get to see a side of the Himalayas rarely seen.
Sikles – Gurung Heritage Trek Level
The Sikles – Gurung Heritage Trek is considered Moderate and a good level of fitness and trekking experience is strongly advised.
The safety of the support team and yours on every trek is our highest concern. All treks, strenuous, Demanding and Easy are all treated and planned as an expedition.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »