ThisTrek is offered by Ammonite Adventure. The details in this Trek page are for information gathering only to better help plan your trip. The information may change without notice due to weather conditions, political unrest or any number of other reasons.
- Trip Code: TIBEBC12
- Duration: 12 Days
- Trip Level: Strenuous
- Max Altitude: 5,250m / 17,224 ft
- Starts at: Lhasa
- Ends at: Lhasa
- Best Season: April to late October
- 1st Day Arrival in Lhasa
- 2nd Day Sightseeing around Lhasa
- 3rd Day Sightseeing around Lhasa and Pre-trip meeting
- 4th Day Lhasa – Gyantse – Shigatse
- 5th Day Shigatse – Old Tingri
- 6th Day Trek Old Tingri towards Mount Everest
- 7th Day Trek Old Tingri towards Mount Everest
- 8th Day Trek Old Tingri towards Mount Everest
- 9th Day Reach Mount Everest
- 10th Day Mount Everest – Shigatse
- 11th Day Shigatse – Lhasa
- 12th Day Departure from Lhasa
Included In Package
- An experienced local guide including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- One porter per two trekkers including their food, accommodation and insurance.
- Local transport as required.
- Twin share accommodation at tea house while on trek including all meals.
- Permits to enter National Parks
- Tibet Government Tourism Levy charge
Not Included In Package
- Flight tickets related to international travel.
- Food during your stay in Tibet (except breakfasts).
- Any kind of drinks (including bar tabs).
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal visa fee and entry fee.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guide and porter.
The Tibet Everest Base Camp 12 Day Trek is the second most popular trekking route in Tibet. Most of the time you will trek at over 4,300m / 14,107 ft. A difficult trek at high-elevation.
However, because of the high-altitude, it offers a splendor views of north face of Everest and other snow mountain peaks around. The Everest Base Camp Trek tour can be done from April to late October. Our tour involves a few day sightseeing at Lhasa at first and some detour off the Friendship Hwy to Old Tingri to acclimatize.
Tibet Everest Base Camp Trek Level
Tibet Everest Base Camp Trek is considered Strenuous and a good level of fitness and trekking experience is strongly advised.
In a scale of 1 to 10, the Tibet Everest Base Camp Trek is rated 8. You will spend a number of nights sleeping at altitudes above 13,000ft (4000m) so you must be willing and able to rough it as most creature comforts are back in Lhasa.
The safety of the support team and yours on every trek is our highest concern. All treks, strenuous, Demanding and Easy are all treated and planned as an expedition.
The term Altitude Sickness is used often but there are intact 3 types of Altitude Sickness. The most common is actually Acute Mountain Sickness – or AMS for short. AMS becomes a real threat when ascending at altitudes of 9,000ft or more (roughly 3,000 m).
AMS comes into effect usually because a trekker or climber ascends too quickly. As the air become thinner, there is less oxygen available. Your lungs need time to adjust in order to carry much needed oxygen to the different parts of your body.
All Ammonite Adventure treks over 9,000ft (3,000 m) include rest days – known as acclimatization days. Read more about altitude sickness »